human comforts.
I find comfort in the simple things.
My camera is my most favourite means of escape. Exploring something through the lens takes me away from everything but the world I am peering into.
I love to watch people do things. When I was young, I used to pull up a chair and sit near the kitchen counter and watch my mommy cook or bake; I still love to do this when I go to visit. I used to watch my kongkong build things. He had a large room downstairs that was designated entirely to his model railroads. I remember the smell of the steam that used to come out of the tiny engine. My little coco and I loved to control those little trains, watching them go in and out of tunnels and pass through miniature towns.
To this day, the smell of sawdust reminds me of my kongkong sawing up wood to make the base for these railroad systems. Now, as a grownup, I still feel like a kid when I get to just sit and observe someone make or build something.
Water, in any shape or form makes me feel at ease. Although the ocean is the most powerful draw for me, a bath, the rain, a raging river, a still pond or even a bog will have the same effect.

Not only do I find comfort immersed in a good story, but bookstores themselves are magical places to escape into. So many tantalizing titles whispering at me to pull them off the shelf. Sometimes I love to wander through the children's section and look at all the beautifully illustrated covers. You know you've found a good one when you want to step right into the world on the cover and make it your own.
Sometimes all I need is to just sit in silence. Exist at the amoeba level for a little while and quieten my mind.
Signed with love,
the diary keeper, ‘my charliegirl.