a message for you.
please excuse my dust as this blog site is still under construction.
the end of an era.
(posted on Sunday, March 1 by eii wyy nae.)
My loveliest, Amber in Liverpool turns 18 on Monday, and it is the end of an era for (us). We will stop being illegal and become, well legal. No more the thrill of buying alcohol without an ID for Amber and Hayden’s daddy, no more the sneaky gravelly voice put on when purchasing cigarettes. Amber, I still could recall that. You were the head for all of this. -_-“
Happy Birthday, Amber.
The thrill will be gone. I know she isn’t not the only one who thinks that drinking, smoking, living, partying is most fun when it is not allowed, when the police could be grabbing you any minute as you swig from a bottle in the shady areas of hyde park, when you puff away on a cigarette under the street lights of oxford street.
I am so-not-going-to miss it, I really don’t like the picture. Being waved into bars and clubs as you flash a (real, not fake.) ID and knowing that you cannot get denied at the seven-eleven or the bottle shop are things that they just don’t want to feel, not yet anyway. Amber I know you want more years of this youthful rebellion and illegality.
It’s like you want it never to end.But sadly, this Monday as we settle down for dinner and drinks it’s going to be the end. The end of an era. And although it will open itself up to new avenues of university, and living away from parents and new legal responsibilities you’re still going to miss it. They were some great times, really.
So, my darling A, happy birthday. So long and thanks for all the fish. (:
Signed with love,
the diary keeper, ‘my charliegirl.
Labels: era, great times, hyde, illegality, oxford street, seven-eleven, thrills.