a message for you.
please excuse my dust as this blog site is still under construction.
C-A-D-E-N-C-E.
(posted on Friday, March 20 by eii wyy nae.)
Cadence ... K-A-D-E-N-C-E.That's how I spelled it in my 4th grade spelling bee. I used a K. And I lost. And I was sad.
But not for too long, because then my mommy took me and my loveliest to frozen yogurt, and I got frozen yogurt with those little mini gummy bears that get all hard and chewy next to the yogurt, and I was happy.But, I never have forgotten how to spell "cadence," and I learned very quickly what it meant.
It refers to rhythm, to a constant, steady beat.
And I have to tell you, even though it's the word that bumped me out of the spelling bee, I love it. I love that it sounds like what it is. "CA-DENCE." Two syllables. Evenly measured. Like a heartbeat. And I love what it symbolizes. Constancy, steady, rhythm. And I love things with cadence. They make me feel connected to something larger than myself.
Ocean tides, heartbeats, the turn of hands around a clock. They make me feel connected to God somehow, because they are far more dependable than any of us humans. So, why all this talk about one silly word?Well, because all day long, I have been serenaded by the cadence of rain. ALL DAY LONG. And let me tell you, this is no small feat for Brunei. And I am jubilant. That's right ... downright jubilant about it.
It is SUCH a gift to have days off, I don’t know what’s coming, and rain ... on a day where I didn't have to be anywhere.So, I had to share. Because when you are jubilant, sharing is a necessity. But ain’t always the case that it can be.
Signed with love,
the diary keeper, ‘my charliegirl.
Labels: cadence, euphoric, gummy bears, heartbeats, jubilant., triumph