a message for you.
please excuse my dust as this blog site is still under construction.
& so I take this time.
(posted on Friday, May 8 by eii wyy nae.)
Just for me.
tilly-bell is 17 today, (I made the number up. sighs.) and I didn't expect to see it. It's been 11 months since she began receiving fluid injections for her kidney disease. 11 months. 6 days a week. 11 months. She - and we - get Sunday off for good behavior, and so here we are on her 17th birthday. You can see how excited she was about the whole shebang when I tried to take her picture this morning.
It is the ever-wonderful doctor who actually gives her the injections. I hold her, he does the dirty work, and she puts up with it for the most part. Without him, she would not be here. It will embarrass him when he reads this, but truly there are no words I can find that say thank you in the way I really mean it.He has given me many gifts through the years – coca-colas way back when we first began met, diamond earrings the year my birdie died, a white denim jacket a couple of years ago - I saw it on a woman at a restaurant and lusted after it and - you can't make this stuff up - he saw the very same woman the next night at a fast food restaurant, asked her if she'd been in such and such restaurant the day before, wearing a white jacket, and oh! She was quite thrilled that he remembered her, quite taken with that, but then of course, he asked where she'd bought the thing, he wanted to buy one for a friend, and how back-to-earth she landed, but still nice enough to tell where, and Yes.

He bought it, and not-inexpensive it was, and surprised me with it that very week. How nice is that? How much better than roses when everyone else is getting roses on the same day, although they are quite nice also. He paid for the bracelets I have lost, and tons of those special pens with which I work crossword puzzles, and almost 20 years worth of other things, but nothing compares to the gift of tilly-bell.
Nothing.
I know he thinks I don't think about it, but I do.
a lot.
I say thank you, but that seems so little,
so not up to the way I really feel.
and so I take this time,
tilly belle's 17th birthday,
to say happy birthday to her,
and thank you to him.
thank you for giving her another ‘summer’.
thank you for the ‘fall’,
thank you for the ‘winter'.
thank you for giving her the chance
to see the robins in springtime again.
thank you.
Signed with love,
the diary keeper, ‘my charliegirl.
Labels: crosswords puzzle, dirty work., not-inexpensive, shebangs, the greatest gift