a message for you.
please excuse my dust as this blog site is still under construction.
magically & mysteriously.
(posted on Sunday, May 10 by eii wyy nae.)
The rain maybe gone for now. Hopefully gone for now; outside, though, is still gray and green, but a paler shade of gray, with hints of sunlight behind the clouds. No actual sunlight, just a lightening of the day.
A flock of seagulls flew past earlier, apparently blown off course by the storms, heading who knows where - to one of the nearby lakes, I assume. They were headed north, and the ocean is way south of us, so perhaps a rest at a bit of fresh water, then a turnaround back to salt water. There were hundreds of them, which I admit made me smile - not a normal sight for us.
This pale gray outside echoes the palette I am immersed in, working on these paintings, these partial collages, these collaborations of photography, canvas, paint and paper. When there is sunshine outside, I feel calmed by these tones, these pearls and silvers and cool taupes, but I admit that to be surrounded by this grayness both inside and out is a tad depressing, making me almost grab a tube of bright aqua or even red and just start slathering the color on.
Knowing that I will regret it if I give in to that urge stills my hand. Knowing that I have a time frame within which I must finish these pieces keeps me on track, keeps me from surrendering to the me-that-used-to-gesso-over-everything.
No time for that now; it is a good lesson.
visitors stopped by a few moments ago,
and I found myself watching their colors.
the silver of a bracelet
against a dark mahogany wrist particularly attracted me:
a beautiful pairing of colors.
When they left,
a flower with those colors
magically & mysteriously
appeared on one of my canvases.
Signed with love,
the diary keeper, ‘my charliegirl.
Labels: cool taupes., hidden inspiration, mahogany wrist, seagulls, silver bracelet
contact
if you'd like to connect w/ me via a social networking site you can do so @ : facebook {http://www.facebook.com/eiiwyynae}, twitter {https://twitter.com/eiiwyynae} or via email @ {eiiwyynae_dns@live.com} or {eiiwyynae.dns@gmail.com}.