a message for you.
please excuse my dust as this blog site is still under construction.
the battle.
(posted on Wednesday, April 8 by eii wyy nae.)
Hello all,
I took some much-needed rest this weekend. Laundry is done. Sheets are clean. Room is once again orderly. The cycle of life. (:

My body, however, is not convinced that rest was enough. It's manifesting the last couple of weeks of running ragged in the form of a cold. Scratchy throat, congestion, you know the drill. A few years ago, I heard somewhere (have no clue where.) that our bodies can "hear" us. So, operating under such pretenses, we have to be careful how we talk. The person (whoever it was.) said that we should speak in action terms when talking about illness.

For example, instead of saying that one is getting a cold, she should instead say that one is fighting a cold. For some reason, that has really stuck with me, and I am afraid I often annoy my sickly loveliests with reminders about their verbage. I am not a hypocrite, however I apply it to my own diseases. (:
So, I am currently fighting a cold. Currently the score is:
1) scratchy throat and sinus congestion - Cold- 1 pt.
2) napping both Saturday and Sunday - charlie - 1 pt.
3) symptoms progressing further by Sunday morning - Cold 1 pt.
4) increased consumption of green tea and Airborne - charlie - 1 pt.
5) Monday morning of a busy week - Cold - 1 pt.3-2, Cold leads.
More updates to follow.One more thing. I wanted to share a photo of a delicious breakfast my roommate and I sat down to yesterday morning, because well, it is colorful.

Plus, I really think that food is one of God's best gifts to humanity!
Signed with love,
the diary keeper, ‘my charliegirl.
Labels: god’s gift, manifesting, pretenses., scratchy throat, sinus congestion