please excuse my dust as this blog site is still under construction.






It's a new year! It's a new day! It's a fresh start, a new beginning, another chance.
I can’t believe it is nearly the end of another week, and year of 2008 as well, BOY that month/year flies by. So odd really, one year over and another about to start and yet it is just another day. The days left here are dwindling down from single to double digits.
I have so many things on my to-do list right now is an arms length long, my poor brain is a little fritzed. Still another new popping year has rolled around!
I feel uncharacteristically positive about this whole 2009 thing. My life and the lives of those around me have been changing at an incredible rate. Every horoscope I read tells me that I need to get on with the business of my dreams because some celestial body moved into my sign and that means money. (Virgos take note!). Last year I feel like I laid the foundations for this one. I now have my very own tribe of like-minded women, books begun, websites growing, and some physical boundaries shifted. I also have gorgeous new nieces and nephews, and another year to get on with it.
I am not generally someone who makes resolutions, you know. Even so I’m SO-OH sassy to share with you my paper letter wish list, today.
Did you go like, “whoooaa!”?
Likewise, my cousin sent me a SUH-WEEET e-card that actually helps you to make your resolutions. You fill in a number, a couple of adjectives and a couple of verbs and it fits them into sentences that are your resolutions for the year. Here are my results:
1. Be more beautiful. (awwwwwwww!)
2. Be less strong. (I read this as let loose a little more and worry a little less!)
3. Stop walking. (I was worried about this until I read this next one.)
4. Start dancing. (yes!)
5. Jump every day. (heh heh heh heh heh.)
6. Robert Pattinson. (whoa! whooaaa babe!)
Last year I decided that I wasn't going to make resolutions any more. I never ever did any of them, so I decided to choose a theme instead. I thought if I did that if I could simply try to make my decisions based on the theme, that I could make small changes towards goals. My self-chosen theme for 2007 was "BRAVE." Looking back, I can easily make a list of things from last year that I am proud of. I know that I have been brave this year.
So this year I had a real think about what my theme for the year is going to be. I've decided on “GROW”. I intend real growth this year. My muscles, my resolve, my bank balance, my romance, my friendships, my tribe's success, our website, my word count, my own beauty and confidence, all of these things could use growth in 2009. So my only resolution for this year is to make as many decisions as I can that will create positive growth!
To all of you who are reading this, I wish you the most happy and prosperous new year you can imagine. I also ask you what your own theme might be for this fresh new year? What do you intend?
P.S. Big thank you to Jammie who kicked me a post, who gave me a real idea to make a positive resolution or two. iloveyoujammie! She constantly inspires me to look at the way I am living differently and today is no exception.
Have a sassy new year everybody!
the diary keeper, 'my charliegirl.
Labels: 2009, boomerang thingy, sassy.